Frequently Asked Questions
Banquets & Conferences
- What is a preliminary booking?
Preliminary bookings refer to bookings that are tentative and held for 7 days until a deposit is made.
- How do I confirm a booking?
Confirmed bookings are those that deposits have been made. 20% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm a booking.
- What form of payment can I make?
Payment may be made by means of Credit or Debit Card, Managers’ Cheque or Cash. Please make cheque payable to “UWI A/C Mona Visitors’ Lodge.”
- What is the Caterers’ Service Charge?
Catering Service Charge is applicable when clients provide their own catering. At other properties there may be no option to bring in a caterer of your choice. But here at the Lodge we allow you that flexibility. This charge is JMD$50.00 or US$ equivalent.
- Do you have a minimum number of persons for wedding packages?
Yes. Fifty persons is the minimum number of persons for the package. However, we offer the flexibility for fewer numbers. Speak with your sales & events coordinator for more information.
- Do you have a children’s’ menu?
Yes. Children under 12 years can get a separate menu. Speak with your sales & events coordinator for more information.
- If I have guests who are vegetarian or require dietary requirements can they be catered for?
Yes. Just let your sales & events coordinator have the number of persons 2 weeks prior to the event date.
- What exchange rate do you use?
The exchange rate is that of the University’s Bursary and changes every Monday.
- Do costs include GCT?
We are tax exempt, so this would not be applicable. There are also no other service charges.
- How long can we rent the venue for?
Our venue is rented on average 8 hours and the rate is applicable for all day.
- What additional items can be rented from your facility?
Tablecloths, napkins, chair covers, tableware (cutlery, crockery & glassware), multimedia projector, microphones, screen and laptop. We can also cater for event on the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus.
- Do you have any guidelines for using the space only or for decorations?
Please click on this link for more information.